Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the Detect-And-Avoid ecosystem, including MCUs, HPUs, and external sensors such as cameras, GNSS, IMU, and radio transmitting devices (ADS-B, Flarm, Remote ID, etc.).
- Set up and maintain a customized Linux system tailored to the Nvidia Jetson platform.
- Responsible for establishing a communication pipeline between MCUs, HPUs, the Flight Controller, and the Control Station.
- Guide and mentor the team members to perform and deliver according to program objectives.
- Develop following the V-model in an agile environment.
- Work closely with certification bodies and other stakeholders.
- Perform hardware-in-the-loop tests and support the flight test department.
- Assume responsibility for the documentation and verification of the software development for authorization by the aviation authority.
- Support the customer and the company's own flight operations department.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor or Master of science in Computer Science, Robotics, Physics, or related fields.
- Strong experience working with ROS and the Nvidia Jetson platform.
- Profound knowledge of embedded systems for real-time applications.
- Profound programming skills in C/C++, Bash, and at least basic knowledge in script languages (preferably Python).
- Experience with x86 and ARM-based architecture.
- Experience with BSP development for Linux systems; Yocto experience is a plus.
- Profound knowledge of MavLink and UAVCan.
- Experience with vision systems development, including camera sensors, and libraries such as Gstreamer, Nvidia Multimedia API, and OpenCV.
- Experience in using standard tools for software development (GIT, CI, etc.) and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of development and certification standards, e.g., RTCA DO-178.
- Fluency in English.
What you bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team.
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup.
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas.
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development.
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work.
At Wingcopter, we strive to create an inclusive corporate culture where everyone is treated with respect and trust, irrespective of origin, gender, identity, age, religion, background or role within the company. We are convinced that a diverse environment is the best breeding ground for innovative, sustainable and forward-looking solutions to major challenges.