Head of Certification (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Head of Certification (m/f/d) to join our Team.
In this position, you will report to our CTO and independently establish airworthiness procedures that will contribute to Wingcopter's success in the Technology Division.
The Head of Certification (m/f/d) will have the opportunity to shape the future of unmanned air mobility by defining certification requirements and programs, as well as developing acceptable compliance demonstration procedures with the authorities. As the Head of Certification, you will take on the responsibility for the product certification process in America and Europe, as well as other markets worldwide. You will serve as the key focal point for airworthiness aspects in front of our customers, authorities, and investors.
The position requires someone with strong innovation and airworthiness experience, along with an intermediate level of leadership and management experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Overall responsibility for initial airworthiness duties.
- Managing certification projects worldwide, including FAA Type Certificate and EASA Design Verification/Type Certificate projects.
- Maintaining existing relationships with authorities (e.g., FAA, EASA, JCAB, ANAC Brazil) and standardization bodies (e.g., EUROCAE or ASD), as well as building and developing new ones.
- Definition and implementation of design assurance procedures and processes in line with FAA/EASA Part 21, as well as aviation quality management standards.
- Leading/actively participating in standardization body or expert group activities (e.g., EUROCAE WG-105).
- Leading, developing, and growing the certification team/department.
- Driving improvements and innovations in the team.
- Providing internal consulting and support for C-level management, production, project/program management, engineering, and sales.
- Authorizing, qualifying, and coaching Design and Verification Engineers.
What You’ll Need:
- Master of Science in Aircraft Engineering or a similar field of education.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in the fields of aviation, medical technology, automotive, or similar industries.
- Strong leadership capabilities and proven leadership experience.
- Proactive, creative, and hands-on mentality.
- Ability for strategic thinking.
- Proven experience in relevant roles such as Head of Airworthiness, CVE (Certifying Staff), Head of Design, or Head of Certification within an EASA Part 21J Design Organization (or FAA ODA equivalent).
- Relevant experience in technical development and testing.
- Relevant experience in process implementation and maintenance (Design Assurance System).
- Strong organizational and management skills, including setting priorities and following the right activities.
- A track record of active participation in standardization bodies is beneficial.
- Project or Program Management experience is also beneficial.
What you bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team.
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup.
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas.
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development.
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work.
At Wingcopter, we strive to create an inclusive corporate culture where everyone is treated with respect and trust, irrespective of origin, gender, identity, age, religion, background or role within the company. We are convinced that a diverse environment is the best breeding ground for innovative, sustainable and forward-looking solutions to major challenges.