Hardware Development Engineer (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Hardware Development Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Requirements analysis and concept design (incl. component pre-selection).
- PCBA design (incl. component selection), layout and manufacturing (prototypes)
- Integration, Verification and Validation of designs.
- Prepare associated documentation and manuals.
- In-service support of designs.
- This position requires on-prem work and thus cannot be fully remote
- Project management for component development.
- Liaise with stakeholders (internal and external).
What You’ll Need:
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering or Mechatronics
- Min. 3 years + experience of practical experience in the field of electrical HW development, iedally in aerospace
- Handling of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of EMI compliant design
- Knowledge of power network compatibility
- Experience with embedded programming (in C/C++)
- Knowledge of electronic components
- Experience in PCB design · Experience with EDA programs
- Knowledge of PCB design standards (IPC)
- Experience with Airborne Electronic Hardware development and associated aviation regulations and standards (Part21, DO-254, DO-160)
- Experience with Git is a plus
- Specialized in one of the following fields:
- Knowledge of signal processing and interfaces (UART, CAN, SPI, I²C,…)
- Knowledge of high-speed interfaces
- Knowledge of telecom interfaces (RF comm.)
- Knowledge of sensor design
- Knowledge of power electronics and batteries
- Knowledge of microcontrollers (esp. ARM Cortex)
- Knowledge of automation and control
What you bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team.
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup.
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas.
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development.
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work.
At Wingcopter, we strive to create an inclusive corporate culture where everyone is treated with respect and trust, irrespective of origin, gender, identity, age, religion, background or role within the company. We are convinced that a diverse environment is the best breeding ground for innovative, sustainable and forward-looking solutions to major challenges.