Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Guide and mentor the team members to perform and deliver according to program objectives.
- Develop suitable algorithms for flight controlling and maneuvering of a UAV following the V-model in an agile environment.
- Responsible for the SW development of the autonomous flying system including path planning and collision avoidance maneuvers.
- Responsible for transferring the developed algorithms to the embedded hardware stacks (including MCUs).
- Work closely with certification bodies and other stakeholders.
- Perform hardware-in-the-loop tests and support the flight test department.
- Assume responsibility for the documentation and verification of the software development for the authorization by the aviation authority.
- Support the customer and companies’ own flight operations department.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in the embedded development (real time application).
- 3+ years of experience in working with ROS.
- Profound programming skills in C/C++ and at least basic knowledge in script languages (preferred python).
- Expert knowledge of tracking and prediction algorithms.
- Experience in handling of standard tools for software development (GIT,CI, etc.)
- Knowledge of development and certification standards, e.g. RTCA DO 178.
- Experience working in an agile environment for software development.
- Fluent in English.
- Driver's license.
What you bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work
At Wingcopter, we strive to create an inclusive corporate culture where everyone is treated with respect and trust, irrespective of origin, gender, identity, age, religion, background or role within the company. We are convinced that a diverse environment is the best breeding ground for innovative, sustainable and forward-looking solutions to major challenges.