Senior Software Developer Flight Controller (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer Flight Controller (m/f/d) to join our Team.
What You’ll Do:
- As a member of the Software Development Team cooperate in the formation and structuring of a software development team.
- Guide and mentor the team members to perform and deliver according to program objectives.
- Develop and modify a flight controller following the V-model in an agile environment.
- Refine the Control-Algorithms.
- Supervise team members, and check or release their deliverables.
- Work closely with procurement, suppliers, certification bodies and other stakeholders.
- Perform hardware-in-the-loop tests and support the flight test department.
- Assume responsibility for the documentation and verification of the software development for the authorization by the aviation authority.
- Support the customer and companies’ own flight operations department.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in the embedded development (real time application), ideally on px4 and/or APM flight stack.
- Profound programming skills in C/C++ and at least basic knowledge in script languages (preferred python)
- Experience in handling of standard tools for software development (GIT,CI, etc.)
- Knowledge of aeronautical engineering is a big plus.
- Knowledge of development and certification standards, e.g. RTCA DO 178.
- Experience working in an agile environment for software development.
- Experience in model flying or manned flying is a plus.
What you bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work