Flight Test Engineer (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Flight Test Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Team.
What You’ll Do:
- You plan, review, conduct, and monitor flight tests of our eVTOL aircraft.
- You prepare test reports, discuss them with the Product Owner, and report defects/constraints.
- You are the test owner from test requirement review to test reporting (and, therefore, contribute significantly to test content and scenarios).
- You will test features of new software firmware and hardware (eHW and mechanical flight dynamics equipment) and tune the behavior of Wingcopter prototypes or pre-production/production products.
- You prepare test schedules and datasheets for product improvement and modification.
- You contribute significantly to test and verification projects and schedules.
- Analysis of test data and reporting the results.
- You support the Type Certification of the UAS by planning and conducting validation flights.
- You develop a profound systems understanding of the aircraft in-house.
- You spend a lot of time flying on the airfield, several times a week.
What You’ll Need:
- Master or Bachelor of science in Aviation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a similar field.
- 4+ years of practical experience (for Bachelor's degree holders) or 2+ years (for Master's degree holders) in flight testing, including preparing and reviewing test plans, test cards, test execution, and evaluations in a similar field of aviation.
- Must have: hands-on experience flying UAVs with RC (fixed-wing and multicopter), and ideally, eVTOL.
- Must have: working-level know-how of PX4 autopilot (flight controller).
- Must have: B1 car driving license (valid for DE).
- Must have: open Category - Civil Drones license EASA A1-A3.
- Good experience in manned aviation is beneficial.
- Experience with EASA/FAA relevant content or similar is a bonus.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team.
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup.
- The opportunity to develop and implement your ideas.
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development.
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work.