Senior Testing Engineer (Ground) (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Testing Engineer (Ground) (m/f/d) to join our Team.
This role is a senior engineer/expert position in the department that involves a wide range of duties related to various stages of unmanned aircraft system (UAS) flight testing. As a candidate, you are responsible for duties, including flight test strategy definition, planning, coordinating, developing, and executing a full spectrum of requirements-based aircraft flight testing.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be a senior/expert member of the ground test organization/department with strong professional know-how of UAS ground testing and related activities.
- Define the overall ground test strategy and scope of testing and planning for assigned project(s), staying in alignment with the flight test strategy.
- Test definition, design, development, test automation, and execution of a wide spectrum of testing activities, including component/unit testing, system integration testing, and performance testing of Wingcopter components and product(s) (as part of the UAS envelope). Conclude the results throughout the product development and validation phase.
- Be involved in software/hardware tools, ground test equipment, infrastructure, and database design, development, and validation for the management of test campaigns.
- Conduct pre- and post-flight data assessment with a focus on ground testing, generate test reports, and support root cause analysis.
- Contribute to test campaigns locally and globally through remote/virtual or physical presence.
- Analyze certification requirements and edit compliance reports for Wingcopter 198 initial airworthiness.
- Actively support the department in building, strengthening the overall team, and establishing organizational processes and approaches.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams, including system engineers, software and hardware developers, and project managers.
- Provide technical support to other team members.
- Collaborate with the flight test team as one department.
What You’ll Need:
- Master of science in Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent education.
- 5 years of proven professional experience in this domain and active involvement in ground testing.
- Professional experience in Python, C++, and Matlab.
- Knowledge of data acquisition techniques and test data analysis using Python and C++.
- Strong analytical and statistical analysis skills.
- Hands-on experience in prototyping.
- Communicative team player, well-organized with a proven ability to get things done.
- Fluent in the English language (written and spoken).
- Proficiency in MS Office package and ALM PM tools.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures.
Additional recommended qualifications:
- Professional experience with requirements engineering.
- Structured, independent, hands-on attitude, and solution-oriented way of working.
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Proficiency in German (writing and speaking is a plus).
- Understanding of Flight Test as part of EASA Part 21J Design Organization Approval (DOA).
What you bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team.
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup.
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas.
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development.
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work.
At Wingcopter, we strive to create an inclusive corporate culture where everyone is treated with respect and trust, irrespective of origin, gender, identity, age, religion, background or role within the company. We are convinced that a diverse environment is the best breeding ground for innovative, sustainable and forward-looking solutions to major challenges.