Data privacy in the application procedure at Wingcopter
Wingcopter GmbH (in the following "Wingcopter" or "we") is looking forward to your application. We value the protection of your personal data very highly. If you provide us with personal data in the context of an application procedure or in connection with a vacant position, this data will be processed by us in accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and the Federal Data Protection Act ("BDSG"). Personal data means all information relating to you as an identified or identifiable natural person (e.g. title, name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, information on your professional career).
The data controller according to Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is:
Phone: (+49) 176 26 85 20 60
- Data processing in application procedures
- During the application procedure, we only process personal data that you provide us with in your application. As a rule, this includes your contact data, cover letter and application documents such as certificates, information on your professional and personal qualifications and your professional career and other information you provide us in connection with your application (together: "applicant data").
- Applications may and should be submitted electronically via our application form, which is available on our online application portal. Here you can enter your application data and upload documents such as your resume or certificates. When you send your online application, your applicant data is transmitted directly to the server of our external service provider via an encrypted connection and stored there.
- Applications sent to us by other means, such as to an e-mail address not set up for application purposes, will be forwarded by our employees to the responsible employees in the Human Resources department and uploaded by them to our online application portal.
- We collect and process your applicant data exclusively for the purpose of carrying out the application procedure, in particular to check your applicant profile and to contact you. The purpose of this data processing is to select a suitable applicant with regard to the requirement profile of the position for which you have applied and, if applicable, to enter into an employment relationship.
- All personal data that we request in the course of the application procedure and process for the purposes explained above are required for the selection process and thus for the decision on the establishment of an employment relationship. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. GDPR in connection with § 26 (1), (3) and (8) sentence 2 BDSG.
- data processing in the applicant pool
- If we are unable to offer you employment, you have the option of having your applicant data entered into our applicant database ("applicant pool") for a period of 12 months. The inclusion of your applicant data in the applicant pool enables us to consider your application for future vacancies. When we announce the selection of the applicant, we will send you a declaration of consent by e-mail, which you can then submit to us.
- If you agree to the inclusion of your applicant data in the applicant pool, your applicant data will be transferred to the applicant pool, which is also operated by our external service provider, and stored there.
- The applicant pool is checked by our employees for suitable applications for vacant positions at Wingcopter. If your application meets the requirements of a vacant position, you will be contacted by one of our employees before your application is included in the application procedure to ascertain whether you wish to apply for this new position.
- The legal basis for the processing of your applicant data in connection with our applicant pool is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1 a GDPR. You can freely revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
- Your data will be deleted from the applicant pool in accordance with the statutory provisions. We delete your data, for example, immediately after the revocation of your consent or after 12 months if you do not consent to the extension of the storage period. We will contact you by e-mail before the storage period expires to ask for your consent to store the applicant data for a further 12 months.
- INQUIRIES IN CONNECTION WITH VACANT POSITIONS
- If you send us inquiries in connection with a vacant position or an (ongoing) application procedure, we will store and process the personal data contained in the inquiry, such as contact details, in order to process your request. The legal basis for this storage and processing is Art. 88 GDPR in connection with § 26 (1) 1 BDSG, as far as your inquiry refers to an ongoing application procedure. Otherwise this storage and processing is based on Art. 6 (1) 1 f GDPR, whereby our legitimate interest is the accurate processing of your request.
- Your personal data will be deleted when we have completed your request and further storage is no longer necessary for other legal reasons.
- ANONYMOUS EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
- The applications received via the online application portal are evaluated in an anonymous form to enable us to analyze our application processes. This helps us to make the application procedure more effective and to find out which channels applicants use most frequently in order to optimize the success of our recruiting measures.
- Please note that we can only view aggregated reports on the receipt and processing of applications in connection with the vacant positions. However, your personal applicant data will not be processed in this context. For analysis purposes, we only process information on when we received applications, how they were received (e.g. via our own online application portal, common job markets on the Internet such as StepStone, Indeed, Monster or similar, by e-mail, etc.), in which fields of our online application portal entries were made and how long the application process took. This information is not linked to your personal data.
- Data processing in this context is necessary to protect our legitimate interests in the sense of Art. 6 (1) 1 f GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in improving our recruiting measures in order to make them economical. To this end, it is necessary to know which platforms applicants use most frequently, how long application processes take on average and where there is potential for optimization. Your interests and rights as an applicant are taken into account by the fact that your personal data is not processed within the scope of this evaluation and that the analyses or reports available to us do not allow any conclusions to be drawn about individual applicants.
- storage period and deletion of data
- We process your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the processing purposes. Afterwards the data will be deleted according to the statutory provisions. However, we retain data that we store due to a legal obligation to retain, for as long as this is legally required. After the expiry of a statutory retention period, the data will be deleted immediately, unless there are other reasons for deletion in the sense of Art. 17 (3) GDPR.
- Otherwise, your data will be regularly deleted after six (6) months after we have announced the selection of the applicant. If we receive a claim from an applicant or from you within this period in connection with the selection procedure concerning you, for example on the basis of the General Act on Equal Treatment ("AGG"), your data will be deleted if they are no longer required for the legal dispute. This is the case if we reach an agreement with the applicant or with you or if the legal dispute is finally decided by a court. The legal basis for this further data processing is Art. 6 (1) (1) f GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in being able to prove the legality of the selection of applicants in and out of court. With this proof we defend ourselves in particular against legal claims of rejected applicants.
- The statistical data and aggregated reports on the duration of the application procedures at Wingcopter and on the success of our recruiting measures are retained beyond the six-month period. However, these statistical data and reports do not contain any personal data of applicants.
- data security
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with Art. 32 GDPR to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. We therefore use TLS encryption to transmit your applicant data. You can recognize such an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of your browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the closed "lock" symbol in your browser line. If this TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological developments. Please note that we cannot accept any responsibility for data security outside our own control.
- ACCESS RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will of course treat your data confidentially. As a matter of principle, your data will only be forwarded to the internal departments and units responsible for the specific application procedure. Your applicant data will not be used or passed on to third parties beyond this. The following group of persons has access to your applicant data: the management, employees of the personnel department and the responsible supervisor. Should a personal second interview take place where you are to meet your future colleagues, they can receive your CV so that they can prepare for the interview. All of the above-mentioned persons have been bound to data secrecy and will treat your application with absolute confidentiality.
- Personal data will only be passed on to external service providers used by us, such as our provider for the application portal, if it is technically necessary for the provision of the application portal and the implementation of the application process. In order to operate our online application portal, we use the applicant management software and services of d.vinci HR-Systems GmbH, Nagelsweg 37-39, 20097 Hamburg ("d.vinci"). Accordingly, your applicant data will be processed by the d.vinci applicant management software and stored directly in the d.vinci system. Only the employees of the responsible personnel or recruiting team at Wingcopter have access to the data stored there. Insofar as it should become necessary within the scope of the application procedure, as described above in Section 8.1, your applicant data can be activated in the system for the respective responsible in-house offices and functional departments. Please note that all applications are processed using this software. For example, if you apply by e-mail, your applicant data will be uploaded to the d.vinci system by the responsible members of the personnel or recruiting team and stored there. Of course, we have concluded a contract on order data processing with d.vinci in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR, in which d.vinci has undertaken to comply with all obligations as a data processor within the meaning of the GDPR. Before using the d.vinci system, we made sure of the technical and organizational measures taken by d.vinci to guarantee security, integrity and confidentiality.
- Wingcopter will not transfer the applicant data to a third country.
- your rghts as a data subject
- You have the right to receive information free of charge at any time about the data stored about you (Art. 15 GDPR). You also have the right to correct incorrect data (Art. 16 GDPR), to delete your personal data (Art. 17 GDPR) and to restrict data processing (Art. 18 GDPR).
- If the legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) 1 f GDPR (protection of legitimate interests), you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, if there are reasons for doing so arising from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against data processing for the purposes of direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without giving reasons arising from your particular situation (Art. 21 (2) GDPR ). If you object for reasons arising from your particular situation, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can prove compelling reasons for processing which are worthy of protection and which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (Art. 21 (1) GDPR).
- If you provide us with personal data and we process this data based on your consent, you can freely revoke this consent at any time with future effect.
- If you provide us with data concerning you and we process this data on the basis of your consent or for the fulfilment of the contract, you can also demand that you receive this data from us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or that we transfer this data to another data controller, insofar as this is technically possible (so-called right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR).
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that our data processing is in breach of the law.
- In order to exercise your rights listed above and in case of further questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at any time using the contact details given above.
- NO OBLIGATION TO SUBMIT PERSONAL DATA
You are not legally or contractually obliged to submit personal data. In the context of your application, you should only provide personal data that is necessary for the application procedure and the assessment of suitability. Without this data, we will not be able to carry out the application procedure and make a decision on the establishment of an employment relationship, so that without your applicant data, we will not be able to consider you in the selection process.
- no automated decision-making
An automated decision-making based on profiling in the sense of Art. 22 (1) and (4) GDPR does not take place on our part.
- Further information
If you have further questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.