(Senior) Software Developer Flight Control (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a (Senior) Software Developer Flight Control (m/f/d) to join our Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and modify a drone software stack (like px4 or ardupilot).
- Refine the Guidance-Navigation-Control-Algorithms.
- Develop test cases for unit and module tests.
- Perform software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop tests and support the flight test department.
- Use and contribute to DevOps processes as CI/CD and Docker environments.
- Assume responsibility for the documentation and verification of the software development for the authorization by the aviation authority.
- Cooperate in the formation and structuring of a software development team.
- Work closely with the development department and the software development teams (e.g. ground control software).
- Support the customer and companies’ own flight operations departments.
- This position requires on-prem work and thus cannot be fully remote.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant area as for example computer science, software engineering, cybernetics, electrical engineering, Aerospace engineering
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience with state estimation and control of UAVs
- Experience in the embedded development (realtime application), ideally on px4 and/or APM flight stack
- Experience in handling standard tools for software development (GIT, CI, etc.)
- Profound programming skills in C/C++ and at least basic knowledge in script languages (preferred python)
- Experience in software certification
- Knowledge of development and admission standards, e.g. RTCA DO-178C, is a plus
- Clear communication skills
- Taking personal responsibility
- Solution oriented behavior
What you bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work
At Wingcopter, we strive to create an inclusive corporate culture where everyone is treated with respect and trust, irrespective of origin, gender, identity, age, religion, background or role within the company. We are convinced that a diverse environment is the best breeding ground for innovative, sustainable and forward-looking solutions to major challenges.